Anntionetta Rountree is fighting for justice for her daughter’s death; the mother is calling out the father, girlfriend, and teenage daughter for torturing her child, Rica Rountree.
What We Know:
- According to a report from WICS, Richard Rountree is in jail. Rountree, the father of Rica Rountree, an 8-year-old who died after chronic abuse and a hard kick in the stomach, faces a $10,000 bond. Jail officials detail Rountree’s arrest at 6 p.m. on January 7, 2020.
- The jury saw videos of Cynthia Baker, Rountree’s girlfriend, chronically abusing the 8-year-old. Rountree is in the videos with Cynthia committing torturous acts. Evidently, there are texts between the two discussing approaches to torturing Rica.
- Specifically, one of the videos shown to jurors showed Rica holding cans while she stood naked. The other showed Rountree forcing her to stand on her head. Reports detailed that the hard kick in the stomach caused Rica’s intestines to tear.
- In a report by TheGrio, at a rally, Anntionetta said, “Richard gets no sympathy—period. I went to court 101 times to get my daughter back.” Also, Anntionetta told supporters at a rally that she does not support a new trial for Baker, and that Rica’s father and the teenage daughter should also be held responsible for the 8-year-old’s chronic abuse.
- Anntionetta is fighting Baker’s attempts for petitioning the court to get a new trial. Baker is requesting for new trial on the claim of ineffective counsel. Judge Casey Costigan will determine whether to allow Baker a new trial. As a result, her January 31 trial is on hold until further notice.
Thoughts and prayers go out to Anntionetta and justice for Rica Rountree.