Tisha Campbell is now sharing her reaction to her former co-star Martin Lawrence’s recent comments about her 1997 sexual harassment lawsuit.
What We Know:
- In a recent interview, Lawrence told GQ, “It was all a lot of bullsh*t and, just whoever’s side it was, it was bullsh*t,” alleging it was the reason Martin was canceled.
- On The Talk Thursday, Campbell said she was surprised by her former co-star’s comments. “I can’t go into much detail about the past because there was a confidentiality agreement, so the gag order says no. But what I can say is…. I was actually kind of shocked.”
- Campbell told the co-hosts, “I hit him up. He called me within a minute…He was like, ‘Don’t read into what it is, there’s a lot of people that’s trying to bring up the past and trying to make it news today. But you know T, we’re good. I love you. I love your family.”
- Lawrence doubled-down on their recent private conversation with a public declaration Thursday on Instagram. He wrote in a caption, “Regardless of the past or any misrepresentation of it in the press, I have nothin but love for Tisha then and now. We are good and always will be!” Campbell replied to the post, writing in a comment. “YOU GO BOY My fam fo life!”
- On The Talk, the actress added that the two have gone to lunch in recent years and spoke saying “at the end of it, it was nothing but laughter and healing”.
Lawrence is now starring in the highly anticipated Bad Boys sequel, Bad Boys For Life, out now.