The Grammy-nominated singer has been chosen to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl LIV at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Sunday, February 2.
What We Know:
- The NFL and FOX announced on Thursday that the performance will be part of the pregame show.
- Lovato posted on her Instagram : “See you in Miami”
- The pregame show, including the National Anthem, will be broadcast live worldwide.
- Lovato will join a prestigious line up of Superbowl National Anthem performers that includes Gladys Knight, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Luke Bryan, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Jennifer Hudson, Billy Joel, P!NK, Jordin Sparks, Idina Menzel, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, and Neil Diamond.
- Lovato stated, “I’ve gone through a lot, and this is really my first public thing so i’m a little nervous.”
- According to Variety, “This appearance, combined with the Grammy performance, marks a big return for Lovato, who has been recovering from a July 2018 drug overdose and subsequent hospitalization.”
The NFL recently announced that Jennifer Lopez and Shakria will headline the Pepsi Super LIV Halftime Show. The pregame and halftime shows are an NFL Network Production and will be executive produced by Rickey Kirshner.