50 Cent introduces four new Power spin-offs: Power Book II: Ghost, Power Book III: Raising Kanan, Power IV: Influence, Power Book V: Force.
What We Know:
- According to Deadline, last summer, Power executives unveiled that the Power Universe would expand with more Power spin-offs; the up-comping Power Universe spin-offs are starring more prominent celebrities.
- Secondly, Power Book II: Ghost, stars Mary J. Blige; the singer will play the role of Monet, a strewed businesswoman. Additionally, Method Man will play the role of David Maclean, an ethically charged lawyer. Power Book III: Raising Kanan, apparently followed the story of a young 50 Cent, and his coming of age–coming into the drug game. Power Book IV: Influence, takes on a more political pathway; furthermore, the story follows governor-to-be Rashad Tate, who is played by Lorenz Tate. Power Book V: Force, centers solely on fan-favorite Tommy Egan and his rapid change from NYC to the City of Angels, LA.
- Also, Deadline reported, on Sunday, Jeffrey Hirsch, Starz executive said, “In television history, only a select few shows have inspired four consecutive series extensions, launched into active production and development at the same time.”
- The Starz executive added, “The new and exciting chapters will continue the journey of some of Power‘s most controversial characters while featuring a growing ensemble of complex, distinct characters along with the high-octane drama that set Power in a class of its own.”
- Spoiler Alert: Power ended in its sixth season, revealing Ghost’s killer is his son Tariq St. Patrick. Tariq released a bullet into his father’s chest, sending him tumbling down the nightclub rooftop.
- Following Sunday’s finale, STARZ revealed the following trailer teasing a much anticipated look into the future:
Power Book II: Ghost will premier this summer.