R&B singer Summer Walker has become infamous for canceling important commitments to her fans because of her severe social anxiety. Now it appears the 23-year-old Atlanta native might be ready to cancel her entire music career.
What We Know:
- On Monday night, Walker took to her Instagram Story to reveal to her 2.3 million fans that she’s done with the studio. “I’m deadass never making another song after 2020,” she wrote without any context or additional references.
- This comes just a few days after she also posted a photo of her shaving her head for the 11th time. Last year, Walker also announced, on IG, that she was canceling several of her tour dates.
- Critics believe the artist is just trolling and trying to get attention. Some of her fans pleaded with her to not retire from making music.
- In an interview with Apple Music Beats 1 in October, Walker discussed her struggle with social anxiety. Ari Lennox conducted the interview, in which Walker revealed the title of her debut album, Over It, reflected her feelings towards the music industry and fame in general.
- Despite her ominous promise, fans can look forward to hearing music from her before the year is up.
Over It was also number one on Billboards Top R&B albums. The debut album is also Gold certified with 682,000 units sold.