As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread around the country and around the world, the number of positive tests is expected to rise as well.
What We Know:
- Four Brooklyn Nets players, including Kevin Durant, have tested positive for the new coronavirus, bringing the total to seven known players in the NBA.
- Even thought the Nets did not name the players, Tuesday Durant told the Athletic department he was one of the few that caught the virus.
- Durant said, “Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine, We’re going to get through this.”
- The Nets announced that one player is exhibiting symptoms, while the other three are asymptomatic. All four players have been isolated and are under the care of team physicians.
- The Nets said in a statement, “The health of our players and staff is of the highest priority to the organization and the team is doing everything within its power to ensure that those affected receive the best care possible”.
More NBA players are yet to receive their results and more are to be tested for COVID-19.