Rapper Cardi B has a track about the Coronavirus but nobody saw this coming, not even the Grammy award-winning artist herself.
What We Know:
- A candid instagram video of Cardi B talking about the coronavirus has been transformed into something nobody saw coming. Thanks to DJ iMarkkeyz, Cardi B’s coronavirus rant has been transformed into a chart-topping song.
- It’s no surprise that DJ iMarkkeyz was able to turn the rant into a banger .He is known for turning meme’s into music. iMarkkeyz was inspired by Cardi’s vocals as soon as he saw the video. “When people tagged me in that video, I [was] already chopp[ing] it all together in my head,” he told the New York Times.
- The song is charting on iTunes all over the world. After the remix dropped, a video surfaced of people dancing to it in a nightclub in Rio de Janeiro,Brazil.
- After seeing the video Cardi B considered making her own video.The singer tweeted, “I might [as] we’ll do a damn music video now”.
- Tik Tokers are already one step ahead of her. Many of them have created visuals of their own. The majority are acting out to the initial video and the remixed vocals wearing face masks.
- Even celebs are partaking in the fun. Miley Cyrus and Cody Simpson filmed their own video with the track.
- The catchy song can currently be found on Spotify and Apple Music. Both Cardi B and DJ iMarkkeyz have agreed to donate profits from the song. In the meantime, more remixes have popped up, including a recent one by french producer DJ Snake known for his work on Lady Gaga’s “Born this Way”.
If you would like to join the fight against the Coronavirus head to Spotify and get to streaming. The song is currently unavailable for streaming on iTunes.