Wendy Williams is taking a break from her daytime talk show to receive treatment for a previously announced health condition.
What We Know:
- Williams has has been experiencing fatigue because of symptoms from Graves’ disease, a spokesperson for “The Wendy Williams Show” said Monday.
- As a precautionary measure, the spokesperson said, Williams is taking time off from the show that she’s been taping remotely from her home in New York City during the pandemic.
- “We look forward to welcoming Wendy back soon and continuing the Wendy@Home shows,” according to a statement from the show. No return date has been announced.
- Reruns of Williams’ show will air during her absence. In 2018, Williams announced that she had Graves’ disease, which leads to the overproduction of thyroid hormones and can cause wide-ranging symptoms and affect overall health.
- Her show stopped production for several weeks at that time, and it was on hiatus again early last year as Williams dealt with the disorder and a shoulder injury.
In October 2017, Williams fainted on stage during her show, saying later she became overheated while wearing a bulky Halloween costume.