Tour promoter Live Nation has announced its first-ever drive-in concerts series in the U.S. for July, months after the live music industry has been on lock down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
What We Know:
- The entertainment company, on Monday, announced “Live from the Drive-In” a set of nine shows to take place July 10-12 in Nashville, Tennessee; Maryland Heights, Missouri; and Noblesville, Indiana.
- Grammy-winning singer Brad Paisley will headline shows in all three cities, while fellow country artists Darius Rucker and Jon Pardi will also perform in Nashville at Nissan Stadium. Nelly will perform in Maryland Heights, near St. Louis.
- Concert fans will be able to drive into the parking lots of the amphitheaters, a maximum of four people per vehicle and will have roughly two parking lot spaces in between each vehicle so fans may enjoy the concert in their individually designated tailgating zones.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring food, drinks, and chairs, setting up around their cars to view the performers from the stage and also from the large LED screens.
- According to The Associated Press, all venue staff are required to wear masks, and Live Nation requests that attendees wear masks upon arrival, where contact-less ticket scanning through their windows will take place. Masks will not be required once fans are in their designated tailgate areas, and Live Nation is not requiring that fans wear gloves.
- Tom See, president of Live Nation Venues-US Concerts, said the company spent months working to find a safe, enjoyable way to put on live shows during the pandemic. “We’re really dialed in with partnerships with (the) local jurisdictions (and) we’ve been meeting with them for months, just talking about how we can provide a great, comfortable experience to fans with social distancing at the forefront in whatever phase they’re about to enter.”
Presale tickets are available now at the LiveNation website and public onsale will begin Friday. Ticket prices will vary, but as of late they are starting at $125, which is roughly $31 per person if the maximum number of four attendees per car attend.