Mark Clark, 50, couldn’t believe his luck when he won a $4 million lottery jackpot for the second time in the last three years.
What We Know:
- Mark Clark is a man from Monroe County, Michigan who retired from his job in 2017 when he won $4 million after playing the Millionaire’s Club instant game. He bought the ticket at a 127 Party Store that’s located at 4938 South Meridian Road in Hudson.
- But on June 4, Clark didn’t see a second win coming when he bought his most recent winning ticket at the Ash Market, located at 11653 Telegraph Road in Carleton.
- “You don’t think you’ll win millions once, and you definitely never think it would happen twice,” Clark said. “It’s hard to put into words exactly what I am feeling.”
- Clark doesn’t have the explanation for how or why he won twice but he thinks it’s all thanks to the lucky coin his dad gave to him that he used to scratch the ticket.
- “I scratched the ticket off in the store with a coin my dad gave me about 10 years ago,” Clark said. “We lost him about a year ago after some health struggles, and I can’t help but think maybe that lucky coin helped me win this.”
- After his first win, Clark decided to retire from his job and spend a lot of his time doing the things he and his dad used to do all of the time, fish.
- “After the first win, I retired from my job and spent a lot of time fishing,” he said. “My dad and I always used to fish together and have great memories of that, so this will help me keep fishing and enjoying time with my son and family.”
It’s important and smart for players to check their tickets immediately because $1 million went unclaimed last year in Hartland and the money went towards the state’s School Aid Fund.