A recent trend of artists has seen them leaning towards President Trump this election. Last week, it was revealed that Ice Cube is working with the current administration to help Black communities. Now on Monday, rapper Curtis Jackson, better known as 50 Cent, reached out to followers telling them to vote for Trump after learning about Joe Biden’s tax plan that was broadcasted on TV.
What We Know:
- The rapper reacted to the plan in a graphic broadcasted by CNBC displaying the tax increase which would affect those that earn more than $400,000 under the Biden administration. According to CNBC, the combined federal and state tax rate for high-income earners would be 58% for New York State, 60% for New Jersey, 62.6% for California at 62.6% and 62% for New York City alone.
- The New York City stat seemed to have hit a nerve for 50 when the caption of an Instagram post read, “WHAT THE F**K! (VOTE For TRUMP) IM OUT, 🏃♂️💨F**K NEW YORK The KNICKS never win anyway. 🤷🏽♂️I don’t care Trump doesn’t like black people 62% are you out of ya f**king mind.”
- He later followed that post up by reminding fans of his current financial state. “I just remembered I’m bankrupt, so I’m looking for a gracious loan can anyone help a brother out. LOL.” 50 Cent continued to criticize Biden’s plan on Tuesday, saying it’s a very bad idea.
- Boiling it down, Biden’s tax plan would raise the individual tax rate for all taxable incomes above $400,000 from 37% to 39.6%, a rate that already existed before Trump came into office. According to the Tax Foundation, “Social Security payroll tax surcharge of 12.4%” would also be added to income over $400,000, of which half will be paid by employers.
- As far as the income tax rate for living in the state of New York State, tax percentages range from 4% to 8.82% depending on income and marital status. If you live in the Big Apple, the income tax rate is already about 3% to 4% higher. The Biden campaign reiterated that any single earners making under $400,000 would not pay more taxes under the plan, only high-income individuals and businesses.
50 Cent reportedly sold a massive Connecticut mansion for about $2.9 million, which was 84 percent less than what he originally bought the home for. This questionable financial choice comes a few years after he filed for bankruptcy in 2015. Since then, he agreed to pay $23 million over the span of five years when the case ended in 2017.
Keke Palmer Opens Up About PCOS Diagnosis, Acne
Celebrities aren’t immune to having health conditions. Recently, actress Keke Palmer revealed her struggle of living with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
What We Know:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome, also known as PCOS, is a hormonal disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edge. Although the causes of PCOS are not fully understood, symptoms of PCOS include hormonal imbalance, migraines, menstrual irregularity, acne, weight gain, and excess hair growth.
- On December 1st, Keke Palmer took to Instagram to share some unfiltered photos of her acne and announced her recent diagnosis. She posted the photos with a lengthy description of her current health struggles, writing, “Poly Cystic Ovarian syndrome has been attacking me from the inside out my entire life and I had no idea.”
- After struggling to reach a diagnosis, Keke shared that she took it upon herself to look into her family history to help doctors understand her symptoms. The 27-year-old actress ended the post with a note of encouragement to all her fans.
“I’m posting this to say that it’s okay and we can help ourselves. […] To all the people struggling with this please know you’re not alone and that you are still so f—ing fine! MY ACNE AINT NEVER STOPPED ME. But we don’t have (to) accept this. […] Pray for me on this journey and I will pray for you too. I’m not afraid to show myself to the world and you shouldn’t be either.”
- According to Women’s Health, PCOS affects 1 in 10 women (or people with ovaries) of childbearing age. Although treatable, it is one of the most common causes of infertility for women in the United States.
Hopefully, Keke’s message can spread awareness to others searching for their diagnosis.
‘Black-ish’ Star Marsai Martin, Who’s 16, Has Set a Record for the Youngest Hollywood Executive Producer
The Guinness World Records has officially recognized Marsai Martin for a record she broke back in 2019.
What We Know:
- Marsai Martin is a 16-year-old American actress most famously known for her character, Diane, on the hit ABC Family show Black-ish. Her record-breaking title, however, was accomplished by her involvement in the blockbuster film Little released back in April of 2019.
- Little, tells the story of an overbearing boss who transforms back into her childhood self to learn the errors of her cruel ways. The fantasy comedy film stars Marsai Martin, Regina Hall, and Issa Rae.
- Marsai Martin had initially pitched the idea of Little at just 10 years of age but it took some time to work on the idea before presenting it to Black-ish producer, Kenya Barris. At the time of production, Guinness World Records confirmed that Martin “who was born 14 August 2004, was aged 14 years 241 days” making her the youngest executive producer in Hollywood history.
- According to Forbes, Martin released a statement on her new record saying, “I hope that all the young Black girls out there really see how a change can really happen, just by being yourself, just by any imagination you have that can run wild. You only live once so go for it.”
We can’t wait to see what film Martin will create next!
Lewis Hamilton Crowned GQ’s Game Changer of The Year
Formula One racing star Lewis Hamilton has been named GQ’s Game Changer of the Year. The sporting hero will be honored at the annual GQ Men of The Year Awards ceremony, which is going virtual for the first time this year (20) amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
What We Know:
- As of Dec 1st, the seven-time F1 champion has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss the Sakhir Grand Prix. The Mercedes team released a statement on Tuesday, November 24th that Hamilton was tested three times last week and returned a negative result each time. The last time he was tested was on Sunday, November 29, at the Bahrain International Circuit.
- In a recent interview with GQ, Hamilton spoke about his experiences with racism when he was younger. “I started experiencing racism when I was five, and people looked upon it so lightly when someone would throw out these words, the bullying, and the beatings and the intimidation.”
- The 35-year-old sportsman has vowed to continue to stand up for others, and big causes after racing stars were effectively banned from wearing T-shirts with political statements after he decided to raise awareness of the Breanna Taylor case during the Tuscan Grand Prix.
- In the January/February 2021 issue of GQ, he added: “If I believe it is important enough, I will. I will do it again…Every weekend that I arrive, we have the spotlight on us, and every weekend there is an opportunity to raise awareness. We don’t live in a time when everything is OK.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards 2020 took place on November 26th at 8 pm GMT.
Crime2 days ago
Florida Rapper Allegedly Murders Two People After Shooting Music Video
Headlines2 days ago
Biden and Harris Announce All-female Communications Team
Business2 days ago
Thanksgiving Day Online Sales Hit Record $5.1 Billion
Entertainment2 days ago
Black Panther Intro on Disney+ Updated to Honor Chadwick Boseman’s Birthday
Business2 days ago
Under Armour Launches Curry Brand
Crime2 days ago
Laverne Cox Opens Up Transphobic Attack in Griffith Park: ‘It’s Not Safe in the World’
Crime1 day ago
Oregon Man Accused of Killing Black Teen Pleads Not Guilty
Sports2 days ago
NBA Moves Kobe Bryant’s Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony to May 2021