fbpx
Connect with us

Headlines

Josi Maria, Instagram Influencer from Germany, Dies After Losing Battle with Anorexia

Published

on

Josi Maria, a 24-year old social media influencer, died last week during a trip to the Canary Islands with a friend due to complications from anorexia.

What We Know:

  • Maria, who spoke publicly about her battle with anorexia, began feeling sick while flying to the Spanish islands died later in Gran Canaria alongside her friend and fellow influencer Vanja Resova. Resova broke the tragic news to followers in an Instagram post Wednesday, calling Maria “an angel on earth.”
  • Maria was from the northern part of Germany, in the city of Kiel. Her Instagram followers, with whom she often shared her health issues, made up over 138,000 accounts. Commenting on a full-body photo of herself, Maria writes, “I definitely know that I look like this and no, I don’t think it’s nice.” She adds, “I like to be slim, but not skinny. (It’s still a disease, many forget that and judge you for it.)”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Josi Maria ♡ (@josimariaxx)

  • Resova spoke with German news outlet DE24 News about the tragic events that took place. She said in an interview that her friend appeared exhausted during their recent flight. “She said she had two coffees and that her circulatory system couldn’t take it. But she also hadn’t eaten for two days,” said the influencer.
  • Upon arriving at the luxury island, both women went to bed.“When I woke up shortly after midnight, I noticed that she was no longer breathing,” Resova told the news outlet. 
  • Maria is among a few social media moguls that have tragically passed recently over health complications. Earlier this month, influencer and model Joselyn Cano,  known as the “Mexican Kim Kardashian,” died following a botched medical procedure, according to multiple reports.
Resova honors her friend in a caption, writing, “Your message that we should never forget: It is important that you stand by yourself and say yes, I need help.” Resova continues, “Accepting help is a sign of strength… Together for mental health.”

Comments

comments

Education

Threatening Email Sent to 5,000 Parents, Students through Massachusetts School’s Account

Published

on

Massachusetts Police are investigating after two threatening emails were sent from Gardner Public School’s email account.

What We Know:

  • According to NBC News, an email hit the inboxes of children who attend Gardner High School, and their parents, on Friday containing racial slurs and a threat against the school. A second email sent at 1 a.m. included extremely graphic content, including child pornography, taken from the internet. The threat to blow up the school was scheduled to be carried out on Sunday.
  • The Gardner Police Department began receiving calls about the emails at around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday. They have since opened a criminal investigation into the matter. According to the school’s IT department, they quickly discovered a problem in one of the family communication tools and shut it down. The application allowed users to broadcast emails across the community of users.
  • In a post to its Facebook page, the Gardner Public School released a statement.

The administration wrote, “Unfortunately, many students and parents are reporting that they received a very inappropriate email last night, appearing to be sent from a school email account. We want to apologize for the graphic content of this email. We are working closely with the Gardner Police Department to investigate this and to determine the origin of the email. Again, our apologies and we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.”

  • A police statement told the community, “The Gardner Police Department has checked the schools to ensure they were secure and no threats were located at this time. The police department is working with the school department and the city’s technology department to investigate this matter and will continue to do our best to ensure the students and staff’s safety.”

The school is working with a crisis team to support students and parents during this alarming time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Business

Master P Connects with Former Tesla Engineer to Make Black-Owned Supercars

Published

on

Master P is working to create Black-owned supercars. He will be working with a former Tesla engineer to try and make this happen.

What We Know:

  • Master P took to Instagram on Martin Luther King Day to announce that he is partnering with former Tesla engineer Richard Patterson to create the next generation of supercars, Trion Supercars. This would make the Louisiana entrepreneur and music mogul the head of the first Black-owned supercar manufacturer in the United States.
  • #RichardPatterson CEO of Trion, the first black-owned supercar manufacturer in America. He is a former engineer at Tesla, designing the Model S from scratch. He also designed the landing gear on the Boeing 777 and the folding seat system in the Dodge Minivan,” P wrote.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Master P (@masterp)

  • In a press release that went out last week, Percy “Master P” Miller and his son Romeo featured Patterson on the Master P Reviews YouTube program. Putting a focus on Patterson’s Trion Supercars Group, P and Romeo checked out the company’s 2000-horsepower Nemesis car. The Millers were so blown away by the car that they gave it a rating of 10 across the board.
  • Patterson’s foray into automobile manufacturing and design began when he was just a teenager in Detroit, Mich. for General Motors. He went on to work as the advanced vehicle engineer for the Tesla Model S and is reportedly only one of four automotive engineers that can build a car from early design schematics to full production. In addition, Patterson designed the Model S car from scratch. Patterson also created the landing gear for Boeing 777 and the folding seat in the Dodge Minivan.
  • Master P’s announcement comes just a month after he announced that he is trying to buy Reebok from Adidas in March of this year. Master P said that if he acquires Reebok, he plans on turning it into a lifestyle brand. Prior to that, Master P had created his own substitutes for Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s after both brand logos were replaced last year. His food company, PJ Foods Company, launched “Uncle P’s Louisiana Seasoned,” which makes rice, beans, grits, pancake mix, syrup, and oatmeal.

This project is currently in its early stages, and further details of the design have not been released as of late.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Crime

Trey Songz Arrested After Altercation with Police

Published

on

During Sunday’s AFC Championship Game between the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs, rapper Trey Songz was arrested by Kansas City Police at Arrowhead Stadium.

What We Know:

  • According to TMZ, Kansas City Police claimed that Tremaine Aldon Neverson, better known as Trey Songz, was not following Arrowhead Stadium protocol. After staff and fans around him could not get him to wear a mask, police were called in to kick him out of the stadium.
  • Witnesses claim Songz was not breaking the rules but being heckled by others in the stands. He had asked them to be quiet. When police arrived, things got abruptly physical, and he acted in self-defense.  The 36-year-old singer’s altercation was caught on camera.

  • The video shows Songz caught off guard when the officer gets physical. He connects a punch with the officer’s head and gets him in a headlock, but then the officer pinned Trey to a seat. As more officers arrive at the scene, you can hear fans in the background of the video shouting for the officer to be arrested.
  • Trey Songz was arrested for trespassing, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer. He is being placed on a 24-hr hold and likely to be released on Monday night.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office nor Trey Songz’s attorney could be reached for comment.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

LIVE TALK RADIO

BNA DAILY PODCAST

Trending